Sam Kindrick, publisher of Action Magazine for 43 years, is now back with this biographical log (as in blog). This site will contain old Kindrick columns from Action Magazine, as well as current posts which will be far ranging in content.
And if you’re looking for the old PDF back issues of Action Magazine, they are up under the menu under “Issues.” If you don’t see what you’re looking for there, you’ll have to go to the Wittliff Collections for it.
Sam’s Action Today
- T-Brown - She was foxy, plucky, irreverent and dressed to the nines, a working girl who would become both famous and infamous in the city of San Antonio, Texas. Some even called her beautiful. This was my friend Madam Theresa Brown on the day we met. I was a cub reporter for the San Antonio Express and […]
- Doc Roy gives the bear the road - I never thought I would see the day, but the day has arrived. My snuff-dippping oral surgeon first cousin Dr. Roy Kindrick has laid down the snuff can. Since a recent piece on Roy that ran on my Facebook page, the doc has suffered a blackout that caused a fall which split open his head […]
- R.I.P., Beth - Memorial services for Bobby J’s owner Beth Sfalos were both simple and uplifting. I’m not a funeral fan, but this service was one that didn’t leave me wondering where all the liars came from. If anything, the testimonials for Beth were more euphemistic than contrived glorification, for there are not enough adjectives to really do […]
- Roy Kindrick - This piece is about me and my snuff-dipping oral surgeon and professor cousin Roy Kindrick. I hope somebody gets a hoot out of it. I had to look it up to be sure. A maxillofacial surgeon is a medical expert in face, mouth, and jaw surgery. That’s my first cousin and lifelong friend, Dr. Roy […]
- Action Magazine is now online - Action Magazine can now be viewed in its entirety on the world wide web. We are completely online. It took me long enough to get there. In addition to the complete publication issues, the site includes select Sam Kindrick columns, advertising rates and ad measurements, a history of the 35-year-old entertainment publication, photos of me […]